April 2, 2015 Is World Autism Awareness day-How technology is helping bring awareness. By Reshma Hyder
Today marks the eighth autism awareness day around the world. We like how technology, especially use of social networks and connected communities are helping bring needed awareness about Autism. We recommend everyone to share information on autism today and join a local event to help raise needed funds or awareness on autism.
There is a very useful hashtag #LIUB created to help with the awareness, and experience across social media.
To find a major global landmark that is lit up today in honor of autism, please check out this link:
Learn a few facts on autism today:
Few Facts to know…
- Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys
- Autism prevalence figures are growing
- Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disorder in the U.S.
- Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average
- Boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism
- AUTISM affects families all around the globe.
Around the World links
- Autism Speaks Canada
- Global Autism Public Health Initiative
- Non-English Resources
- World Autism Awareness Day
Technology is helping ease communication between autistic children, their families and the world around them. Watch a very effective video by Common Sense Media www.commonsensemedia.org with tips on how to find the right technology for children with learning challenges: